Percy Jackson!




Hi there!

So I was looking at Instagram the other day and saw that one girl had put up a post saying she finished the book she was reading and needed another one. She asked for suggestions and I noticed that three people (including me) had all commented 'Percy Jackson' as a good book series, and all in the first five minutes of the post being uploaded! This got me thinking, what about all the rest of you out there who hadn't heard of the wonderful book series that is Percy Jackson and The Olympians? I decided that there must be others that were interested in that style of writing, and so here's a little rundown of what it's all about:

Wait!! Before you judge, this is not, I repeat NOT, just a book series for boys! I love, love, LOVE it. It's a book series about a boy that finds out he's half god, half human. A demi-god. It's written by Rick Riordan and mixes the perfect amount of humor, adventure and romance. Also, a lot of adventurous type books are really gory but these are fine. Man, do you know how hard it is to not just spoil the whole thing?! I'm not normally into that sort of book (I don't tend to go for adventure), but these books are FANTASTIC!! There are two movies for the first two books, but they are nowhere (NOWHERE) near as good as the books. They're really cool, don't get me wrong, but even for people who don't read much, the books where so much better. The first series, Percy Jackson and The Olympians, has five books in it. In order they are:

1 // Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief

2 // Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters
3 // Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse
4 // Percy Jackson and The Battle of The Labyrinth
5 // Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian.

But wait, THERE'S MORE!!!


On top of all that amazingness there's another book series that goes with it! It is called The Heroes of Olympus and is also fantastic! If you read this, do not be deterred by the first book, like I did. I got totally confused by the fact it was set in Rome (rather than Greece), the Roman Gods names and the fact that it was a whole new set of characters. DO. NOT. WORRY. It gets WAY better! Also, most of the main characters come back into the story. There are four books in the Heroes of Olympus series and one more coming out in October. Their names are:


1 // Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero

2 // Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune
3 // Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena
4 // Heroes of Olympus: The House of Hades
5 // Heroes of Olympus: Blood of Olympus

There is also a bonus book titled 'The Demi-God Diaries'. I didn't love it but it was ok. Aaaarrrggghhh! You'll just have to read them for yourselves... 


Anyways, hope you had fun reading this and go check out these amazing books! If all else fails and you just can't get into them, wait. Annabeth is fantastic. I won't spoil anything else....


Bye! 

Xx Brianna








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me so happy when I hear from you guys! :)